Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lot Bites- The Gym Mixes

I often brag about the playlists I make about the gym on Twitter, mainly because if I did not make them, I would have no motivation to go to the gym. I go because I took the time to make a killer playlist to rock out to, and get some exercise in too. Hey, whatever gets you there, right?

So a lot of people have asked me what are on these playlists that I seem to boast about them all the time. I have so many that are all so different from each other. Some are only Phish, some are a giant mash-up of several genres... you get the picture. But I think I found two that are a perfect 40 minutes of tunes to get you grooving in the gym. One is a mix-up of some fun electronic stuff, and the other some rock tunes to get you going.

Here are the playlists- click on the name to download.
Untz Gym Mix
1. Bloody Beetroots featuring Steve Aioki- Warp 1.9
2. The Disco Biscuits- The Great Abyss
3. Lotus- Spiritualize
4. Benni Benassi- Cinema (Skrillex Remix)
5. + 6. Justice- Phantom > Phantom, Part II
7. Pretty Lights- The Time Has Come

Rock Mix
1. Arcade Fire- Crown of Love
2. Rolling Stones- Rocks Off
3. Talking Heads- The Great Curve
4. The Ramones- Beat on the Brat
5. + 6. White Denim- Burnished > At The Farm
7. The Slip- (Take A) Beetle to the Badlands
8. Vampire Weekend- Cousins
9. Yellowbirds- The Honest Ocean
10. Passion Pit- Sleepyhead
11 Marco Benevento- Wolf Trap



Note: The songs are in a specific order for a reason- begin with a warm-up, end with a cool down, and intervals of higher and lower intensities all throughout the middle.

Let me know how these work out for you while you're working out, and next up, I'll put up two different Phish gym mixes for two different kinds of work outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment