Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More Live Music/ Jones Beach Furthur Lot Report

This past week was an especially memorable week of music. It all started Wednesday night with Ratatat at SummerStage at Central Park. They played an interesting setlist of newer and older songs, but I was not impressed with the sound. Enjoyable show, but nothing compared to the rest of the music I saw the rest of the week.




Thursday night was the night I was most excited for: my first time seeing The Slip!! Playing at Brooklyn Bowl and being joined on stage by Sam Cohen of Yellowbirds made for a wonderful combination and this was by far my favorite night of music this week. I have a lot of great pictures up here on Facebook.




Saturday night, I went to Monster Island to see Oneida. The space is cool, basement chic. But the bands that played before Oneida- let's just say I'm not quite sure how they fit with a band like Oneida. As for Oneida, they played a psyched out and rocked out set that was I happy to have witnessed.



I was thrilled to be back in the lot scene for a little bit at Jones Beach for Furthur on Sunday. Several of the food vendors I saw this summer on Phish tour were also at Jones Beach, including Billy's Pulled Pork. I had to get some for myself. Also present- Ragin' Cajun, and several varieties of grilled cheese, veggie burritos, and chicken bacon ranch wraps.




As for the show, it was another great night of music. The show featured some solid classics; I've seen Shakedown Street at every Furthur show I've been to, and this was my favorite version of it. The second set itself was very jammy, and featured a remarkable Dark Star.



Hope everyone else had a great week and got to see some live music!

No comments:

Post a Comment