Monday, November 15, 2010

New Tour Announcements, New Girl Talk Album Released

First things first, I'm going to get newly announced shows out the way. A few bands have announced tours since I last posted (click on the band name for more info). Little Feat has announced a tour starting 12/30/2010 in Morristown, NJ and going through 1/20/2011 on the Lyrnyrd Skynrd Simple Man Cruise, then picking up again from 3/4/2011- 3/6/2011 for the Feat Fan Excursion at Breezes Grand Resort in Negril, Jamaica.

Umphrey's McGee is also going on tour early next year, staring 1/27/2011 in Boston, MA and ending 3/19/2011 in Phoenix, AZ. They have some great guests such as Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, Orchard Lounge, Zach Deputy, and Keller Williams, and are playing a few two nights runs in cities like Aspen, Madison, Minneapolis, and San Francisco.

Robert Plant is Going on tour next year, doing a bunch of dates in July in the US (mostly cities in the South), one night each in September in NYC and London, and an October European tour.

Pretty Lights released his new album "All Day" for free! You can download it here! Yes I've listened- it's pretty awesome.

Also, this past weekend I got to see Felguk and Skrillex at Webster Hall. Both played awesome music. I really enjoyed both of their sets. The only thing is I'm borderline about whether going to shows at Webster Hall is worth it. Just not a good scene there at all. Looking especially forward to seeing Skrillex again. Sick music! You can download his EP for free here. I highly suggest it.

Pics: Skrillex on top, Felguk on bottom





This weekend, I have quite the show schedule. I'm going to see EOTO and DVS Friday night at Brooklyn Bowl. Then on Sunday I'm going to see McLovins on Brooklyn Bowl and Disgrace (Al, Rob, and Chuck of moe. side project) at Sullivan Hall. I'll update you on the shows next week.

This week, expect that Moss and Mossery Mike Gordon article (finally).

Go see live music and let me know about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment